BCS – Business Change Services (formerly Casseo) is a leading Business Change & Project Management Consultancy business operating throughout Ireland and UK and specialising in the delivery of Business Change Initiatives for our clients.
Our Client is a recognised leader in the Financial Services Insurance Sector and we’re actively seeking an experienced Portfolio Manager to take ownership for the delivery of strategic Business Change & Transformation initiatives in the Technology Services Segment of the business with an initial scope of 7 Technology related Projects. You will have strong PM experience with proven business & ROI measurement capabilities; financial controls; stakeholder management (up/down the organisation) together with a delivery track-record in the sector. Initial contract is 8 Months with high-likelihood of extending; based in Dublin City Centre (Blended Model).
In this role you will work closely with other members of the Insurance business and technology teams, leverage industry best practices for the delivery of change.
- Responsible for leading Enterprise scale portfolio of projects, working with business unit and technology leaders, cross functional teams, project team members and external parties to ensure projects are well-defined, planned and delivered.
- Demonstrates business and technical acumen to ensure deliverables and expected outcomes align with the Business Case & measure the actual ROI v’s Projected.
- Provides mentorship to Project Managers ref: project delivery methodologies and practices and works closely with Project Sponsor and delivery leader to develop the project charter, including defining the project scope, objectives, approach, measures of success, stakeholder engagement and communication plans.
- Develops integrated project plans demonstrating strong financial and project acumen (including cost estimates, budget, resourcing requirements), applying appropriate estimation models, and refine and manage performance against them, customizing project planning methods to suit the project.
- Manages Portfolio/Project budgets and costs, and provides estimates and forecasts, including competent analysis of capitalization, amortization, and expense management.
- Engages & collaborates with governance stakeholders to ensure compliance of product towards corporate risk profile and standards and organizational governance processes.
- Performs risk planning and analysis (qualitative & quantitative), including risk identification and risk response planning.
- Executes, tracks and monitors progress to Portfolio Plan and communicates the appropriate information to all relevant project team members and stakeholders.
- Contributes to and adapts to organizational change, best practice and improvements across teams, including the effective implementation and adherence to changes in processes and practices.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 7+ years as a Portfolio / Programme or Senior Project Manager in a technology delivery environment.
- Ideal candidate has experience working with insurance or other Financial Services sector
- Experience with delivery of technology projects and strategy/governance initiatives.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in managing multiple large and complex Portfolios; Programmes; Projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills and apply creative thinking to solve problems while understanding the organization’s vision, purpose, and values.
- Demonstrated management of full Portfolio / Project lifecycles for multiple initiatives or workstreams varying in complexity and stakeholders, ensuring the effective execution of large or complex projects to deliver a product or solution that satisfies stakeholder expectations and achieves project success criteria (schedule, budget, team cohesion, regulatory, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous environment and to adapt to changes quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and make good decisions or recommendations in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Possess strong entrepreneurial skills with a bias to delivering business outcomes, forging strong business partnerships, effectively managing risk, managing scope change as an opportunity to deliver greater value and making value-oriented decisions.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
If interested; please forward your CV together with details of your availability & rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org